If I could hit the rewind button on my life and do any part of it over, I’d take the advice of my cat.
1. I’d seek out someone I love and trust and just let them love me, even if they appear to be busy.
2. I’d take more power naps, any time of the day.
3. I’d play a lot more, and put my whole self into the playing.
4. I’d stand up for myself and take better control of my personal space. Hopefully claws would not be necessary.
5. I’d ponder the world, stare out the window for long periods of time, and improve my skills of observation. There would be a camera within reach at all times so that I could record what I see.
6. I’d go back and find that person I love and trust and demand more affection and back scratching, even if they are online and typing a blog post.
7. If all else failed, I’d just get right in that person’s face, purr a lot, and gaze into their eyes until I get what I need.
8. But the main thing is, I’d take more naps.
9. I’d enjoy food more, particularly ice cream. With chocolate.
10. I’d find every warm sunny spot in the house and make it a place for pondering, and I’d go outside a lot more, sneaking out whenever I can.
11. I’d eat just what I need and occasionally indulge in a bit of treats. But I’d leave the critters and rodents to run free. (Since I’m not really a cat I get to pick and choose here.)
12. And when life brings on changes that I don’t quite know what to do with, I’d seek the love and reassurance from those I love and trust.